Continuing our series of “hack nights” for Open Data enthusiasts to get together and work on open data projects. Come out and meet other Open Data enthusiasts! No you don’t need to be techie, but if you are, and you have a project, join us and get working on them with others! And if you’re not techie, come out, check out the projects, meet others to talk open data, maybe plan a project, strategise!
HOW IT WORKS:
- You can present an idea – new or existing, for others to join you on;
- You can listen to the other ideas and projects, ask questions and join them; or
- if you have specialized skills, you can float around and offer your expertise.
That’s it! (more…)
This event is the second in a series of “hack nights” for Open Data enthusiasts to get together and work on open data projects. (more…)
At this event we will discuss HK Government Information and data – can we share it, repurpose it, build on it? What are the limitations, risks? Will government information become public domain and Creative Commons Zero (CC0) like in the United States? If not, why not?
Pindar Wong is the co-public lead of Creative Commons Hong Kong. He serves on the Digital 21 Strategy Advisory Committee of the Hong Kong Government, the School of Engineering Advisory Committee HKUST, the Technical Advisory Board of the Packet Clearing House. He is a member of DimSumLabs and the W3C Web Payments Community Group. He enjoys innovating by hacking the Raspberry Pi and Internet Governance Policy and serves as a Commissioner on the Global Commission on Internet Governance. He struggles to learn the electric guitar.
*UPDATE* The HK Gov OGCIO are no longer able to attend this meetup.
- 7:00 Networking
- 7:15 Opening up – what is Open Data, about ODHK (Bastien)
- 7:30: Pindar Wong: HKGov Information & Copyright
- Open Data News Roundup, Announcements, Demos of anything, Review of Make.03 projects,
- Topic group discussions – split into tables to discuss specific topics
Tuesday 20 May, at 7pm
Location: Delaney’s Wan Chai
Address: 2/F, One Capital Place – 18 Luard Road, Wan Chai
Whether you’re already familiar with Open Data or just want to find out what it is, come to our regular meetup. No technical skills required. Come out and meet fellow Hong Kong Open Data enthusiasts.